Since 2009, Hands Across the Street has existed to serve the people of Columbia, PA.
Hands Across the Street seeks to be a grass roots organization that provides first-level assistance to the people of Columbia and the surrounding area who come seeking assistance toward a better life..
What We've Achieved
- Over 8,000 meals served to children through our Summer Food Program (SFSP) in 2017.
- Almost 14,000 meals served through our Food Ministry (community meals, SFSP, 4th St. Cafe Coffeehouse, winter shelter, and day center meals).
- Over 30 guests were hosted during our Winter Shelter
- 94 guests were enrolled in our Day Center program in 2017
- 1,594 - the number of people served by our Clothing Ministry.
- Volunteers invested over 10,000 hours of volunteer work to make a difference in the community of Columbia.